Non-Profit Organizations at the Market
The Snohomish Farmer's Market is happy to offer vendor space to local non-profit organizations to share events and information pertinent to our community. Spaces are limited and must be approved by the market manager prior to attending. Non-profit groups must adhere to the same vendor rules and guidelines where applicable. Rules can be found HERE.
Priority is given to those organizations that directly support the Snohomish community. Guidelines specific to Non-Profit Organizations are as follows:
1) Must be a local non-profit group or a locally active branch of a larger organization that serves a basic human need, provides educational information of general interest, or offers cultural programming.
2) Participation is no more than twice per month, with the number of visits determined by the Market Manager. If a non-profit organization wants to attend more markets, or specific dates that are already full, they are welcome to pay the stall fees noted in the application.
3) All nonprofits must provide and use their own 10×10 tent, table, and chairs and send personnel who can handle all aspects of setting up and breaking down the equipment and bringing out any empty boxes or trash created.
4) You must provide clearly visible signage in front of your tent identifying your non-profit.
5) Non-profit organization participants must be on-site at least 60 minutes before the market opens for set up, have completed set up at least 15 minutes prior to the Market Day opening time, and must stay at their tent and keep the tent up until closing, regardless of weather or turn-out. The market is open rain or shine.
6) Non-profit organizations must bring participatory games, quizzes, or other interactive educational elements and materials to engage with children and families. This should be the primary focus of the requesting organization's booth space, with the passing of literature secondary. Please be prepared to engage with our community for the duration of market hours.
7) Sales or fundraising must be approved by the Market Manager but is on an extremely limited basis. The sale of items such as t-shirts and wristbands, memberships, and licensed raffle tickets is generally not allowed. Donations may be accepted but not aggressively solicited.
8) Non-profit organizations may not approach or shout out to customers passing by and information may only be distributed at the non-profit tent.
9) In the event of severe weather the market will close at the Managers discretion and you will be notified as soon as possible via the cell phone and email supplied on the application form.
10) Liability insurance is strongly recommended.
11) In lieu of a stall fee or donation to the Market we ask you to advertise the Snohomish Farmers Market on your web site or marketing materials.
If this sounds like a good fit for your organization, please proceed to fill out a regular Vendor Application. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. Please note that non-profit spaces fill up fast and we cannot always guarantee your application will be approved.